The Great Plains Environment for Network Innovation (GpENI) is an international programmable network testbed. The goals of the GpENI project are to:
- Build a collaborative research infrastructure
- Construct an international programmable network infrastructure enabling GpENI member institutions to conduct experiments in future Internet architecture
- Provide programmable optical infrastructure
- Provide flexible infrastructure to support the GENI program
- Deploy tools developed by GpENI and GENI community
- Provide an open environment on which the networking research community can run experiments
GpENI is primarily funded by the participating institutions that are contributing amongst others network infrastructure and node hardware. In this regard, the Institute of Telematics provides the networking ressources for the KIT site.