The research group of Prof. Zitterbart concentrates on three major fields:
- Infrastructure, Management & Signaling: Virtualization, quality-of-service, security, mobility management
- P2P and Overlay Networks: Self-organization, quality-of-service, network security, multicast & group communication overlays, heterogeneous networks, grid computing
- Wireless Sensornetworks: Service-orientation, middleware, context awareness, security, secure data aggregation
In most of our projects we work closely with renowned partners from industry and public institutions. Amongst others: Alcatel-Lucent Deutschland AG, Audi AG, BMW AG, Continental Automotive GmbH, Daimler AG, EADS Deutschland GmbH, Infineon Technologies AG, Robert Bosch GmbH, Volkswagen AG, Deutsche Telekom AG, Ericsson GmbH, France Telecom, NEC Europe Ltd, Nokia Siemens Networks GmbH & Co. KG, Siemens Program and System Engineering SRL, Telecom Italia S.p.A., Bundesamt für Sicherheit in der Informationstechnik (BSI).
The results of our research are published in the research community and some of them are released as software projects. Staff members have been awarded several times for their achievements. Amongst others:
- Ariba Framework: The Ariba framework won the KuVS Software Award 2011.
- IPv6 Application Idea Contest 2009: A Team led by Priv. Doz. Roland Bless and Dr. Oliver P. Waldhorst was awarded for their idea, how to use IPv6 in P2P-Networks.
- Simulation Framework OverSim: The GI/ITG section KuVS awarded the simulation ramework OverSim, which was developed at the Institute of Telematics with the KuVS Software Prize 2009.
- Ariba Demo SIGCOMM'09: The SpoVNet demonstrator "Reconnecting the Internet with ariba" received an honorable mention at the ACM SIGCOMM 2009.
- Node-Architecture Demo: The Node-Architecture Prototyp, developed within the 4WARD and G-Lab projects, was elected the best demonstrator at IEEE LCN 2009 in Zurich.